Squaremouth lets you research & compare multiple travel insurance policies from different providers all in one place. When you secure your policy through Squaremouth, you pay the same price as purchasing directly from the provider, with some added benefits.
Squaremouth helps you overcome many of the biggest hurdles related to travel insurance. In general, shopping for the right policy can be confusing. Even intimidating. And filing a claim? We prefer not to even think about it!
Ultimately, we find Squaremouth to be the most intuitive and user-friendly travel insurance quoting tool out there. There’s even a “Coronavirus Pandemic” filter, for travelers concerned about the COVID-19 outbreak.
Why Squaremouth? Our top 5 reasons:
- Powerful search engine — Compare policies side-by-side and use custom search filters to quickly find the best option for your trip.
- Cost conscious — Squaremouth helps you find the least expensive policy with the coverage you need and charge the same as the providers.
- Customer feedback — As you search, use their database of over 85,000 customer reviews for unbiased feedback (both good & bad).
- They’ll mediate for you — Every policy comes with a Zero Complaint Guarantee.
- Reputable providers only — Every policy is underwritten by a company with an M. Best rating of “Good” or higher.
Do I pay more to use Squaremouth?
The price of every travel insurance policy sold on Squaremouth is exactly the same as it would be if you bought directly from the provider.
However, by purchasing through Squaremouth, you’re able to compare products across the entire market. Plus, you can rely on their Zero Complaint Guarantee services if you need to file a claim.
Squaremouth Zero Complaint Guarantee
When you purchase a policy through Squaremouth, you have a travel insurance advocate on your side. Squaremouth’s unique Zero Complaint Guarantee is their promise that the travel insurance policy you purchase is from a reputable provider who will handle your claim fairly and honestly.
You still need to file your claim directly with the provider. But if you are unhappy with how your claim is handled, their team of licensed claims adjusters will investigate your case and mediate with the provider on your behalf.
Before your search – it is a good idea to have the following helpful information on hand:
After entering some basic information about yourself and your trip, Squaremouth will quickly generate a list of travel insurance policies from different providers. The results include benefits, costs, and other essential information to help inform your decision.
The inputs are easy. Where you’re from, where you’re traveling, departure date, return date, etc. If you’re unsure how to answer a question, a short explanatory video can guide you. Sidenotes on two of these fields:
- “What is the cost of your trip?” (select either total trip cost or cost per traveler) — With some providers, trip cost determines the cost of the policy. You may have to estimate, but it’s in your best interest to be as accurate as possible. Learn more about estimating trip cost here.
- “When did you make your first booking?” — Securing a policy early in the trip-planning process offers some advantages. Time-sensitive benefits include “cancel for any reason (CFAR)” coverage or pre-existing medical condition waivers. Typically, you need to purchase your policy within 20 days of making your initial trip deposit or payment to access these options.